The Darlington house is one of San Diego’s choice venues, and happens to be one of my favorites. The architecture and the landscaping complement each other in perfect harmony. This venue defiantly a must see when searching for your venue. It’s managed by the Social Service League of La Jolla, which is a non-profit corporation. Their mission is to provide housing and meal support to seniors who have lived and worked in the San Diego area. So your wedding will both be a special day for you but also help others!
1. Upon entering the Darlington House’s foyer, you’re welcomed by a large spiral staircase, which is wonderful for photos. To your right a large living room with two sets of French doors on either side of the fireplace.
2. The foyers French doors open to the Egyptian patio that is most commonly used for the ceremony site, which seats 110-120. You can use the living room for the receiving line, which I feel adds an elegant statement. There’s a piano in the living room as well, to add a special note to your evening.
3. At the far end of the patio is a fountain with a wrought iron fence, canopied by trees. This tranquil setting is the most popular spot to exchange vow’s with one another.
4. The fence opens to the Rose Garden, used for the reception area. The Rose Garden is surrounded by an array of trees, shrubs, flower, and breath taking assortment of roses. The main terrace can seat up to 200, 175 with a dance floor. For larger parties, I like using the ceremony area for a dance floor.
5. Next to the ceremony area is the Andalusian patio, often used for the cocktail area. On the opposite side of the patio is a library. Most events set the bar up in the library. The patio is a great place for the welcome drink as well. You always need a welcome drink! This can give you some time for wedding photos.
6. You will be wowed by the second floor. There is a suite for the groom and a master suite for the bride. You won’t find a better staging area for the bride at any other venue in town. The master suite is great for photos, or lounging, before the “I do’s”.
7. This venue does have a few rules. The closing time is 9:30, and only clear liquids in the home. I would mention it has an amazing kitchen, important because some venues have a small or no kitchen, this can severely limit your menu options.
The Darlington House is a beautiful venue for your beautiful day! The money you spend goes a long way to helping others, very few venues offer such a noble investment with your deposit. Let us know at The Abbey Catering if you want help booking or planning your special day at the Darlington House!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.