01 Feb Affordable yet Amazing #WeddingVenues
Wedding venues in San Diego are aplenty and cater to brides with every kind of discerning taste. Whether you consider yourself beachy, rustic, or urban, San Diego has a venue for you. However, finding the perfect union of an amazing, yet affordable venue can be difficult. Here are some of my top picks for the venues that blend value and class:
• Coronado Community Center: Like it says in it’s name, this venue is located in pristine Coronado Island, close to the famous Hotel Del Coronado. The grand Nautilus Room has floor-to-ceiling windows that face the bay, and includes tables, chairs, and some other basic rentals for up to 200 guests. This venue is a great location for the bride that wants all the perks without little cost.
• Darlington House: Combining vintage elements and Spanish architecture, this outdoor venue in La Jolla has an Egyptian patio for ceremonies, Andalusian patio for cocktail hour, and a beautiful rose garden that can accommodate up to 200 guests. One of the great perks about this venue are the separate bride and groom suites, so everyone can get ready in style.
• Mission Beach Woman’s Club: This venue is great for a beachy, casual bride and includes tables and chairs for 120 guests. For those envisioning a ceremony in the sand, a permit can be secured allowing an event by the bay.
• Museum of Photographic Arts: Located in picturesque Balboa Park, this contemporary venue is perfect for a modern bride. It includes a wide range of rentals, including tables and chairs for 140 guests. The museum’s theater is a great place to have a ceremony, with starry lights shining from above.
• Thursday Club: This traditional venue is perfect for a classic bride, with sweeping views of the ocean and a plush garden suited for ceremonies. It has a large ballroom with stage and several patio areas to take in the beautiful scenery. The availability of a bridal suite doesn’t hurt either.