As an Event Planner I’ve worked with Hundreds of couples trying to balance their budget. Some couples try to reduce costs by cutting guest lists, but that often conflicts with Mom & Dad’s desire to invite their entire company, the whole neighborhood and even their 3rd Cousin twice removed, Great-Great Aunt Helen.
Then more importantly, there are all of the people you really want to be there, but for one reason or another can’t make the trip.
Whether you have someone special that cannot make the trip due to finances, medical issues, or even an obligation with work- your solution has arrived.
LIVE STREAMING your wedding is the answer! Imagine the possibilities: The best seat in the house for everyone that can’t make it to your day. You can stream your wedding in real time by broadcasting the video and audio over the internet, ensuring that your absent VIP’s will still get to take part in your Day. 65% of my Couples planning their Wedding in San Diego, don’t live in San Diego. This means that a majority of their guest count has to plan for the trip. And let’s face it, not everyone can make it even if they so desperately want to be there.
Check out Live Streaming Weddings or use Google to check out some other options. It can be as simple as downloading a program on your Laptop and offering your guests a link or a user name/password option to view your Special Day.
Trends come and go but when the tech-world chimes the bell, they tend to stick . LIVE STREAMING is todays answer
Today’s wedding world offers so many creative ways to save money, time, and energy when planning your special day. For those looking for inventive ways to go GREEN here are a couple ideas to be eco friendly in San Diego.
1. Select a San Diego wedding venue that offers both the ceremony site and reception space so guests don’t have to travel to multiple locations.
2. Use an online save the date.
3. Hire vendors that can multi task your wedding. Companies in San Diego that offer all-inclusive wedding packaging are experienced with providing more than one service per event. Having multiple deliveries is not cost effective or eco-friendly. Also ask if they offer paperless bookings!
4. Buy local. Using locally produced food, flowers, or maybe even getting a custom dress from a local designer.
5. Consider a more intimate wedding. Consider your out of town guest list and overall guest count. Sometimes the smaller the guest count the more memorable the experience.
6. Save the leftovers. Even if you are not going to provide a goody bag for all your guest. Ask the caterer if they would donate it to a homeless shelter in San Diego and save what they can. Caterers are happy to do so.
7. Donations for wedding favors. With all the organizations out there pick one that you would like to give back to. It really speaks a lot about who you are to give back.
8. Photo booth. With the technology today many photo booth options have the capacity to upload photo’s straight to Facebook or your personal email. Also, some have the capacity to take video clips and also upload to your personal accounts. Super cool way to capture the memories and go green!
You can feel the Joy beginning to float in the air, the Holiday Season is just around the corner. The time of year where most of us, give thanks for the blessings in our lives; our families, our lifestyles, who we are with, and
With Family Traditions in mind, here are some unique ways to incorporate your Familys’ culture into your Wedding.
Incorporate a cultural drink into your toasts, true to tradition wedding receptions in some parts of Ireland drink a recipe of Mead believed to be Ireland’s first beverage, the common belief that the mead promotes virility and good fortune.
“Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue” is a strong European wedding rhyme that still finds its place in many modern European weddings.
Embrace the beauty of your homeland’s by using Native flowers in your bridal bouquet and centerpieces.
Don’t be afraid to include traditions directly into your ceremony, there are no restrictions on what you can and cannot do, there are so many things out there that add a nice personal touch and give the opportunity for you and your loved one to create your first memories as a married couple; Japanese Sake Ceremony, Catholic Candle Ceremony, Hawaiian Lei ceremony, and numerous other traditions belonging to different cultures.
Looking to incorporate a Mexi-Cali theme for your next special event? Check out some of our favorite Mexican inspired dishes & some of our favorite signature cocktails.
Here are some delicious dual plated entrée’s that are taste bud tested and approved by the Abbey Catering & Event Design. These dishes are a few of our many favorites, but what makes them truly unique is their compatibility when paired with some of our signature cocktails; these drinks are promised to accentuate and compliment both the natural flavor and texture of the cuisine, while staying true to their Latin inspiration.
1. Chargrilled Flank Steak topped with Homestyle Chimichurri & Achiote Seared Chicken coupled with Roasted Tomatillo with Spicy Corn Salsa & Herb Infused Black Bean Puree.
2. Pulled Short Rib & Chicken Mole accompanied by Sauteed Cumin Spiced Red Bell Pepper and Red Onion & Tomato infused Rice.
3. Baja seasoned Mahi Mahi & Chipotle with Fresh Oregeno sliced Pork Tenderloin paired with authentic Southern Style Red Rice, with a dollop of our Signature Mango Salsa.
1.The Paloma is a classic South American cocktail widely considered to be the most popular cocktail across all of Latin America! Composed of, 100% Agave Tequila – Grapefruit – Fresh Lime Juice – Splash of Club Soda. Is sure to please even the most stalwart party guests!
2.Red and White Sangeria: Sangria, another popular beverage, has many interpretations. Our take on Sangria combines both flavor and class that wine and cognac fans will love! Premium Red Wine – Seasonal Fresh Fruit – Splash of Gran Marnier.
3. Tequila Sunrise:The Tequila Sunrise is a local favorite and for good reason, made from 100% Agave Tequila made with Crème de Cassis – Lime Juice – Soda Water- & a Fresh Orange Slice as garnish. The Tequila Sunrise wins best in show.
Stay tuned for the next batch of new and exciting menu creations from the Abbey Catering & Event Design
When planning your San Diego Catering event be sure to check out our full range of menu selections!
Welcome to Beach Cliff Villas, for that true one of a kind San Diego Beach Wedding experience.
Beach Cliff Villas Wedding
Nestled in the heart of Ocean Beach, Beach Cliff Villas delivers what San Diego is most so many reasons! One of the top reasons is that it is a completely private beach venue with panoramic ocean views. Just minutes from the airport, Sea World, Balboa Park,& Down Town San Diego, Beach Cliff Villas is perfect for your next private event or San Diego destination wedding.
For the perfect San Diego destination wedding, look no further. The Villas boast 8 private bungalows that can accommodate up to 40 of your guests for overnight stays. Host your ceremony on the grass overlooking the Pacific. All the while your guests dance the night away under the twinkle lights and framed by a San Diego sunset. Private receptions can be held for up to 150 guests for a fully seated or buffet style service.
Beautiful San Diego Beach Wedding
Cocktail receptions are also a great option where guests can enjoy a more casual experience mingling under the stars. Parking or valet options are readily available. Catered events, rest easy know that you are in excellent hands with San Diego’s #1 Wedding & Events caterer, the Abbey Catering & Event Design. We're a the best all inclusive wedding packages San Diego has to offer!
Wedding San Diego Beach
Ready To Start Planning Your Beach Cliff Villas Wedding?
We offer a free consultation and tour of the property to help you fully realize your vision from your personalized menu to every last detail. We offer the most comprehensive turn-key All-Inclusive San Diego destination Wedding packages dedicated to the Villas. Run down the list of options and hand select your menu, beverage choices, DJ’s, photographers, florists, videographers, & more all with full service coordination. So, call us today and let’s talk – Beach Cliff Villas is a hidden San Diegan jem that’s not to be missed!
The Forgotten Barrel: Newest San Diego Winery Wedding Venue
The Forgotten Barrel is San Diego’s newest winery wedding venue. It is set in the gorgeous Escondido, California wine country surrounded by rolling hills with vines that wind their way through every inch of the fertile soil. Due to the lush surroundings, it's the perfect place for couples to exchange vows and say “I do.”
What To Expect At The Newest San Diego Winery Wedding Venue
Brides and grooms can try a few of the best bottles of vino in Southern California while their friends and family surround them with love on the most important day of their life. Additionally, the Forgotten Barrel serves up a collection of superior wines. Along with a stunning interior setting that features hand-made furniture and the quintessential ambiance you’d expect from the best wineries. Feel free to visit them at their tasting room. Also, Be sure to experience their different varietals and to preview the one-of- a-kind atmosphere. Finally, this historical site has been reinvented to include a grassy, outdoor ceremony area overlooking the vineyard. A cozy outdoor area for cocktails by an open fire, and a breathtaking re purposed barn for dinner and dancing.
More Than The Average San Diego Winery Wedding Venue
The whole property is accented with hand-crafted antique wood, raw metal, and stone furniture, completely hand-crafted and unique to the property. Brides and grooms can sit back and relax as the friendly and knowledgeable Abbey Catering staff pulls together every element of their wedding day. Along with our top tier wedding coordination, photography, florals, DJ, cake, videography and more! Abbey Catering is the highest rated wedding caterer in the nation and will make planning your wedding a breeze. This vineyard is the perfect addition to San Diego’s natural beauty making it a romantic, exciting, and breathtaking all inclusive wedding venues in San Diego. Sip on delicious wine as you gaze into your lover’s eyes, this is the perfect place to start forever…
The Thursday Club is a boutique venue nestled among grand homes above Sunset Cliffs in picturesque Point Loma. Once you lay your eyes on this gorgeous property you will want to host your next wedding or event here any day of the week.
The panoramic ocean view from their beautifully manicured garden is the perfect location for a ceremony and can hold 100 seated guests. You can also host an outdoor reception here, and if you want to rent the garden space only.
The main banquet hall, equipped with a small stage, can accommodate an event for up to 175 seated guests and 300 standing. When you want to take a break from all of the festivities, you can escape to a sitting room adjacent to the banquet hall, or one of several outdoor patios and take in the breathtaking scenery.
Since the venue is located among a residential neighborhood, all events must end by 9pm. And although the venue supplies tables and chairs, it may be wise to rent larger 60” round tables in order to seat more guests comfortably. Parking is relegated to streets in the neighborhood, but space is aplenty. Brides will be pleased to know a bridal suite with a small private patio is available.
A regular event grants you 6 hours of rental time, which includes setup and breakdown. If you want to secure the venue for more time.
Take a venue tour today or visit on your own but remember help is always just a phone call away….
Recently, one of my friends got married at a beautiful barn in Julian. From the ceremony to the food to the décor, the wedding was absolutely amazing and the venue fit all the items she was looking for: unique, rustic, and not in metro San Diego. As a matter of fact, her wedding was only the second one that had been held there. Like many other brides, finding “a hidden jewel” of venue like she did is highly desirable, but can bring interesting challenges you should be prepared for that most traditional venues may not face. Here are some of things to expect when you’re securing a unique, but remote venue:
• At a remote venue like a barn, ample sources of power may be an issue, so it’s important to determine all of your power needs, including those of your vendors (i.e. caterer, DJ, etc.). If your venue does not have enough power, then you may need to invest in a generator.
• If your venue is like the one I went to in Julian, you may need to research and invest in portable restrooms. Be sure to rent enough to handle your guest count, because long lines at the restroom make for crabby people.
• Generally, remote or rustic venues are landscaped with grass, dirt, and loose gravel, so warn the ladies in heels and either provide or have them bring heel protectors. The ladies may even want to bring some flats to wear towards the end of the night, particularly for dancing.
• Most likely, your venue may not have an established kitchen facility, so be sure your caterer is prepared to bring in all the items and equipment they need to create a mobile kitchen on site.
• One venue I’ve worked with was not searchable on Google maps, so if that’s the case for your all inclusive wedding venues san diego, then provide easy driving directions for your guests. If you want to go the extra mile, then put up signs along the route directing your guests toward the venue.
• Don’t forget to give your guests a list of local hotels and transportation options, especially if they’re not familiar with the area.