You can feel the Joy beginning to float in the air, the Holiday Season is just around the corner. The time of year where most of us, give thanks for the blessings in our lives; our families, our lifestyles, who we are with, and
With Family Traditions in mind, here are some unique ways to incorporate your Familys’ culture into your Wedding.
Incorporate a cultural drink into your toasts, true to tradition wedding receptions in some parts of Ireland drink a recipe of Mead believed to be Ireland’s first beverage, the common belief that the mead promotes virility and good fortune.
“Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue” is a strong European wedding rhyme that still finds its place in many modern European weddings.
Embrace the beauty of your homeland’s by using Native flowers in your bridal bouquet and centerpieces.
Don’t be afraid to include traditions directly into your ceremony, there are no restrictions on what you can and cannot do, there are so many things out there that add a nice personal touch and give the opportunity for you and your loved one to create your first memories as a married couple; Japanese Sake Ceremony, Catholic Candle Ceremony, Hawaiian Lei ceremony, and numerous other traditions belonging to different cultures.
Looking to incorporate a Mexi-Cali theme for your next special event? Check out some of our favorite Mexican inspired dishes & some of our favorite signature cocktails.
Here are some delicious dual plated entrée’s that are taste bud tested and approved by the Abbey Catering & Event Design. These dishes are a few of our many favorites, but what makes them truly unique is their compatibility when paired with some of our signature cocktails; these drinks are promised to accentuate and compliment both the natural flavor and texture of the cuisine, while staying true to their Latin inspiration.
1. Chargrilled Flank Steak topped with Homestyle Chimichurri & Achiote Seared Chicken coupled with Roasted Tomatillo with Spicy Corn Salsa & Herb Infused Black Bean Puree.
2. Pulled Short Rib & Chicken Mole accompanied by Sauteed Cumin Spiced Red Bell Pepper and Red Onion & Tomato infused Rice.
3. Baja seasoned Mahi Mahi & Chipotle with Fresh Oregeno sliced Pork Tenderloin paired with authentic Southern Style Red Rice, with a dollop of our Signature Mango Salsa.
1.The Paloma is a classic South American cocktail widely considered to be the most popular cocktail across all of Latin America! Composed of, 100% Agave Tequila – Grapefruit – Fresh Lime Juice – Splash of Club Soda. Is sure to please even the most stalwart party guests!
2.Red and White Sangeria: Sangria, another popular beverage, has many interpretations. Our take on Sangria combines both flavor and class that wine and cognac fans will love! Premium Red Wine – Seasonal Fresh Fruit – Splash of Gran Marnier.
3. Tequila Sunrise:The Tequila Sunrise is a local favorite and for good reason, made from 100% Agave Tequila made with Crème de Cassis – Lime Juice – Soda Water- & a Fresh Orange Slice as garnish. The Tequila Sunrise wins best in show.
Stay tuned for the next batch of new and exciting menu creations from the Abbey Catering & Event Design
When planning your San Diego Catering event be sure to check out our full range of menu selections!
Welcome to Beach Cliff Villas, for that true one of a kind San Diego Beach Wedding experience.
San Diego Beach Wedding on the Water
Nestled in the heart of Ocean Beach, Beach Cliff Villas delivers what San Diego is most so many reasons! One of the top reasons is that it is a completely private beach venue with panoramic ocean views. Just minutes from the airport, Sea World, Balboa Park,& Down Town San Diego, Beach Cliff Villas is perfect for your next private event or San Diego destination wedding.
San Diego Destination Wedding: The Perfect San Diego Beach Wedding
For the perfect San Diego destination wedding, look no further. The Villas boast 8 private bungalows that can accommodate up to 40 of your guests for overnight stays. Host your ceremony on the grass overlooking the Pacific. All the while your guests dance the night away under the twinkle lights and framed by a San Diego sunset. Private receptions can be held for up to 150 guests for a fully seated or buffet style service.
Beautiful San Diego Beach Wedding
Beautiful San Diego Beach Weddings
Cocktail receptions are also a great option where guests can enjoy a more casual experience mingling under the stars. Parking or valet options are readily available. Catered events, rest easy know that you are in excellent hands with San Diego’s #1 Wedding & Events caterer, the Abbey Catering & Event Design. We’re a the best all inclusive wedding packages San Diego has to offer!
Wedding San Diego Beach
Ready To Start Planning Your San Diego Beach Wedding?
We offer a free consultation and tour of the property to help you fully realize your vision from your personalized menu to every last detail. We offer the most comprehensive turn-key All-Inclusive San Diego destination Wedding packages dedicated to the Villas. Run down the list of options and hand select your menu, beverage choices, DJ’s, photographers, florists, videographers, & more all with full service coordination. So, call us today and let’s talk – Beach Cliff Villas is a hidden San Diegan jem that’s not to be missed!
The Forgotten Barrel: Newest San Diego Winery Wedding Venue
Forgotten Barrel is San Diego’s newest winery wedding venue. It is set in the gorgeous Escondido, California wine country surrounded by rolling hills with vines that wind their way through every inch of the fertile soil. Due to the lush surroundings, it’s the perfect place for couples to exchange vows and say “I do.”
What To Expect At The Newest San Diego Winery Wedding Venue
Brides and grooms can try a few of the best bottles of vino in Southern California while their friends and family surround them with love on the most important day of their life. Additionally, the Forgotten Barrel serves up a collection of superior wines. Along with a stunning interior setting that features hand-made furniture and the quintessential ambiance you’d expect from the best wineries. Feel free to visit them at their tasting room. Also, Be sure to experience their different varietals and to preview the one-of- a-kind atmosphere. Finally, this historical site has been reinvented to include a grassy, outdoor ceremony area overlooking the vineyard. A cozy outdoor area for cocktails by an open fire, and a breathtaking re purposed barn for dinner and dancing.
More Than The Average San Diego Winery Wedding Venue
The whole property is accented with hand-crafted antique wood, raw metal, and stone furniture, completely hand-crafted and unique to the property. Brides and grooms can sit back and relax as the friendly and knowledgeable Abbey Catering staff pulls together every element of their wedding day. Along with our top tier wedding coordination, photography, florals, DJ, cake, videography and more! Abbey Catering is the highest rated wedding caterer in the nation and will make planning your wedding a breeze. This vineyard is the perfect addition to San Diego’s natural beauty making it a romantic, exciting, and breathtaking all inclusive wedding venues in San Diego. Sip on delicious wine as you gaze into your lover’s eyes, this is the perfect place to start forever…
Recently, one of my friends got married at a beautiful barn in Julian. From the ceremony to the food to the décor, the wedding was absolutely amazing and the venue fit all the items she was looking for: unique, rustic, and not in metro San Diego. As a matter of fact, her wedding was only the second one that had been held there. Like many other brides, finding “a hidden jewel” of venue like she did is highly desirable, but can bring interesting challenges you should be prepared for that most traditional venues may not face. Here are some of things to expect when you’re securing a unique, but remote venue:
• At a remote venue like a barn, ample sources of power may be an issue, so it’s important to determine all of your power needs, including those of your vendors (i.e. caterer, DJ, etc.). If your venue does not have enough power, then you may need to invest in a generator.
• If your venue is like the one I went to in Julian, you may need to research and invest in portable restrooms. Be sure to rent enough to handle your guest count, because long lines at the restroom make for crabby people.
• Generally, remote or rustic venues are landscaped with grass, dirt, and loose gravel, so warn the ladies in heels and either provide or have them bring heel protectors. The ladies may even want to bring some flats to wear towards the end of the night, particularly for dancing.
• Most likely, your venue may not have an established kitchen facility, so be sure your caterer is prepared to bring in all the items and equipment they need to create a mobile kitchen on site.
• One venue I’ve worked with was not searchable on Google maps, so if that’s the case for your all inclusive wedding venues san diego, then provide easy driving directions for your guests. If you want to go the extra mile, then put up signs along the route directing your guests toward the venue.
• Don’t forget to give your guests a list of local hotels and transportation options, especially if they’re not familiar with the area.
After months and possibly years of planning for your special day (i.e. if the first words you ever spoke were “I do”), the last thing you want is some major malfunction that puts a dark cloud on the wedding day. Below are some common wedding disasters and tips to help ensure you avoid these blunders:
1). At one wedding I attended, the hired transportation failed to deliver the bride and groom to their ceremony on time, leaving the guests waiting impatiently. At another, the whole bridal party had a few too many cocktails and was unable to drive themselves home at the end of the night, leaving them scrambling for last minute and late night transportation arrangements.
Tip: Be sure to secure and confirm pre and post wedding transportation. On the day of the wedding, have your wedding coordinator or assigned person keep in touch with transportation periodically, so everyone gets to the ceremony on time and home safely.
2). Celebrations usually go hand-in-hand with copious amounts of alcohol intake, and I saw one wedding where the bride got embarrassingly drunk, and another where guests got so rowdy and out-of-control, they damaged property.
Tip: Due to all the stress and events of the day, many brides and grooms forget to eat, which leaves them drinking on an empty stomach. So be sure to eat, even if you have to step away from your guests for a little while to do so. Plus, no one likes a drunk bride. In regard to your guests, make sure you hire experienced bartenders to help manage and control the amount of alcohol they serve, and be willing to cut off guests that are close to being a danger to themselves and others.
3). Friends and family always want to make a congratulatory toast during the wedding, but things can go south quickly when those toasts become long-winded or offensive.
Tip: Limit the amount of toasts to only a select few people. If you know others want to contribute, let them do so during the rehearsal dinner rather than the reception.
4). Great music always helps get the crowd going, but bad song choices can put a damper in everyone’s mood. Playing songs like “Better Off Alone” by Alice Deejay or “Me So Horny” by 2 Live Crew may seem like a crowd pleaser at the time, but end up sending the wrong message.
Tip: Communicate clear expectations to your DJ or band on your song choices or preferred music genres, and a list of songs not to play during the wedding.
5). There are so many details that need to be addressed leading up to and on the wedding day, which tends to overwhelm and stress out many couples, leaving them incapable of fully enjoying themselves on the special day.
Tip: Don’t sweat the small stuff. When everything is said and done, your guests aren’t going to remember the color of your napkins or the font you chose for the menu cards. Sit back, relax, and remember why you’re here in the first place: to be married to and celebrate with the one you love.
Learn more about our all inclusive wedding packages San Diego to see if we’re the right fit for you!
The master wedding timeline is an important tool for every wedding, because like a blueprint, it plainly lays out the plan for the day’s events, including what’s expected and when from all pertinent parties. A well thought out and fine tuned version will ensure your wedding runs smoothly and stress-free. So when starting to put together your timeline, here are some things to consider:
• Many couples use their cocktail hour to capture their traditional wedding photos; consider a “first look” or taking as many obligatory photos as possible before the ceremony, so you can maximize the time during cocktail hour for very specific images.
• When it comes to catering, opt for tray-passed hors d’oeuvres versus stationed ones because it allows guests more time to mingle rather than waiting in line for food at a station. Also, consider having a preset salad with any style of dinner service, so guests can immediately begin enjoying their meal as soon as they enter the reception area.
• Keep toasts given during the reception to only a select few special guests and ask other guests to give their speech during a welcome dinner or pre-wedding party, so it doesn’t affect the overall timeline of the wedding day. Furthermore, schedule the toasts during or after dinner, just in case they run long, so dinner service won’t be affected.
• Ditch some of the traditional wedding activities, like the anniversary dance or garter removal, so you have more time spent with your guests and to enjoy the overall party.
• Be flexible on the actual time of cake cutting, since it usually signals when guests are allowed to start leaving the reception without fear of offending the bride and groom.
• Have a “grand exit” from your reception, so you end the night on a memorable note, and so your guests are less likely to linger around the venue after you leave.
Lately, there has been a big trend for my brides & grooms to choose booking live entertainment for their receptions instead of a typical DJ. So when researching the bands that are going rock your socks off! Here are some words of advice to consider in order to help you find the perfect fit: • Since you’re looking for live entertainment, ask if you can check out one of their live performances. Then you can get a first-hand feel for their style and presentation. If you’re not able to attend one of their live gigs, then ask for sample videos and music. More often than not, they will have sample CDs or even music available for purchase on iTunes. • Make sure there is a plan for a master of ceremonies and music in between sets, because the entertainment will definitely need breaks. Also, confirm any requirements they may have for a green room and food & beverage.
• Hiring live entertainment is a great way to incorporate culture into your event. A mariachi band and Japanese drum circle are two great examples. If you’re looking for something a little more eclectic, one of my couples even hired a live rock band karaoke to liven up the party!
• Most venues require any vendor that brings in equipment to carry a business license and liability insurance, so make sure your entertainment adheres to these rules.