11 Apr Catering for San Diego’s Signature Events
San Diego earns the nickname “America’s Finest City” for many reasons, majorly in part due to the beautiful year-round weather. This lends the city to be the destination for many events, from weddings to major city affairs. Here are some of San Diego’s signature events and great catering ideas to help in the entertainment!
• Del Mar Racing Season: Pulling out those pastel pants and ornate hats is a popular tradition on opening day, so as a precursor to the festivities, entertain your guests with a high-tea party of finger sandwiches, herbal teas, and delicious desserts.
• Art Walk: At the end of April, the neighborhood of Little Italy hosts an annual event which showcases hundreds of emerging and established artists from all types of media. Host a catered wine & cheese cocktail party to discuss your favorite artists of the day and the art you may have purchased.
• Comic Con: Parties galore are happening during this epic comic book and pop culture convention, the largest of its kind worldwide. Some of these parties include movie screenings and other product placements, so consider throwing a clam bake or backyard BBQ to compliment the day.
• Rock & Roll Marathon: For endurance athletes in the know, a popular pre-race ritual is to load up on carbohydrates to help fuel your physical efforts on race day. Why not organize a catered Italian or pasta dinner party the night before the race so you and your fellow teammates can get those carbs in and pre-race jitters out?
• December Nights: After a night of music, museums and the masses in Balboa Park, warm up with a cup of hot cocoa or cider and comfort foods, like a fully-catered mashed potato bar with an assortment of condiments.