The San Diego Natural History Museum – Venue Space
The Sefton Atrium
The Sefton Atrium is a stunning and versatile space with a four-story translucent ceiling and granite floor. The Atrium provides access to the Charmaine and Maurice Kaplan Theater, and the Alex and Elizabeth Wise Museum Store.
- 5,000 square feet
- Accommodates up to 270 guests for a seated event and 500 for reception theater-style seating.
- Additional second-story mezzanine space can be used to increase banquet seating to 300 and reception to 800 .
Take your guests back in time to experience the prehistory of San Diego County and the southern California region. See fossils found by the museum’s paleontologists including a mammoth, manatee, and a life-size dinosaur towering over your guests. This interactive exhibition hall is the perfect location for any social gathering including VIP receptions, cocktail parties, mixers, networking events, and more.
- Accommodates up to 300 guests for a reception or 50 guests for a seated banquet.
THIRD AND FOURTH-FLOOR GALLERIES
- 2,600 square feet.
- Accommodates 120 guests for a seated event or to 200 guests for a reception.
EL MIRADOR ROOFTOP TERRACE
With a spectacular view of Balboa Park, the downtown skyline, east to the mountains, south into Mexico, and west to the San Diego Bay, this rooftop deck (the only one in the park) is a stunning location.
- 2,600 square feet
- Accommodates 120 guests for a seated event or to 200 guests for a reception
- 185 ceremony seating
CHARMAINE and MAURICE KAPLAN THEATER
The theater provides a comfortable, versatile venue for lectures, conferences, classes, symposiums, wedding ceremonies, concerts, and films. With a large-format screen and Dolby Digital sound, the theater has multimedia capabilities and state-of-the-art acoustics and technology.
- 3,800-square-foot theater
- 300 theater seats