09 Feb Shopping for the Perfect Venue
One of the most important decisions you’re going to make regarding your wedding will be selecting your wedding venue. Your choice will dictate much of how your wedding will pan out, so here are some tips to keep in mind when searching for your perfect location:
• The most popular venues get booked about a year or more in advance of your ideal wedding date, so start your search early so you have your pick of the best places.
• Check out venues of all types, even if you don’t think it fits into your style or vision. You might be pleasantly surprised with the options, or you will have more confidence in your final selection knowing you did your homework.
• Create a binder or spreadsheet of info so you don’t get confused between venues. And don’t forget to bring a camera to take photographs, because after visiting many venues, it may be difficult to remember the subtle differences without some visual reminders.
• Ask about what’s included in the venue fee, setup and event times, parking, extra fees, preferred lists, alcohol regulations, etc.
• See what flexibility each venue has with the flow of its events. For example, if the venue has an outdoor ceremony or reception space, what is the option in case of inclement weather?
• Many venues don’t place holds on their date, so once you find the perfect place, don’t hesitate to put down a deposit and secure your date. I have literally seen couples swoop in and reserve a date at a venue right after another couple wanted more time to think about their choice.
To begin your venue search, call one of The Abbey Catering’s event consultants at (888) 238-0949 for a consultation and setup a venue tour today!